Sunday, June 12, 2011

So, Winter is upon us in all of her glory.  This week we have had a whole gambit of winter weather from frost filled mornings, beautiful still (almost warm) days with clear skies, howling winds straight off Antarctica, and whirling snow-filled mists over the mountains.  I have an itch and it desperately needs to be scratched....before I suddenly find myself too old to get on a snowboard!

It's amazing how much more you enjoy cold weather when you have suitable clothes.....even Ayla doesn't seem bothered by the cold weather with her duck down jacket on.

Steven has started at Police College this week.  He has permission to come home every night (it's a live in program) but we think it may have been a tad optimistic.  The timetable is really very 'full'.  Late afternoons and nights, followed by very early mornings so it's looking like he will mainly be home on weekends.  And so it was this weekend!  We actually have a long weekend for the Queen's Birthday (I'll get the hang of these ACT public holidays soon).  This morning we raced out to enjoy the beautiful cold weather with a bike ride to one of our favourite haunts for coffee and cake (yes, the detox is over!).  It was cold but I'm stunned at how invigorating and fresh the air is here.  I acutally enjoy being out in it.  You certainly know you're alive when that wind starts howling :).

We have our ABR workshop dates, August 5th and 6th.  Feeling a little nervous about this one because we have had someone helping us with Ayla's therapy for the last little while....and being a bit Type A, I'm always wondering if she is doing it right....And if you're reading this Jenny, I'm sure you are!!!  Thanks for your help!  It's just that it's the first time, that I have handed Ayla's therapy on to somebody else.  Jenny comes in 3 days a week and I cook dinner.  Everybody wins and we even get to eat :).  Other ABR'ers would probably think that 3 days per week isn't anywhere near enough but seriously, when you're body is screaming at you because you're burnt out....you just gotta do what you can do...and screw the rest.

I have a special post coming up soon......no clues but I feel excited about it.  In fact, I've been feeling pretty excited ever since we moved here.  Ooops!  A clue!  No pictures this time cos I will be sharing them in my special post.

No comments: