Monday, September 26, 2011

Whacky Friggin Do!


I think I have hit the wall....so to speak.  Steven has been away since June (home on weekends) at college and I guess you could say that I have been doing the 'single-mum' thing since then.  No offense to all of you single mums.  I seriously take my hat off to you....I don't know how you do it without losing your mind at times.

I just woke up this morning and felt totally over it all.  I love my little girl more than life itself.  Looking at that photo, how could I not!  It's no understatement but neither is it an understatement that today....I'm over this gig.  I just need a couple of nights away with NO-ONE!  Just me.  Just 2 days of not being forced out of bed in the middle of the night and then having to follow that up with some ridiculous hour in the morning. Just 2 days of not having to think about or care for anyone but me.

The last few months have just been endless nappies, clothing changes, toilet training, meals, cleaning the kitchen a zillion times a day, washing, sleepless nights, early mornings, seizures, racing to get Ayla and myself ready in time in the morning, medications (don't even get me started here), therapy, food on the flippin floor, grocery shopping, lifting, lifting, lifting, feeding, slobber on my frickin face.  I know this just sounds like one almighty whinge fest but, you know......IT IS!  I'm tired and I need some R+R.  I'm going away this weekend for a whole 24 hours....whacky friggin do!  It's not nearly enough and trust me it won't be a restful 24 hours.

Steven finishes at the end of November and if I'm going to make it until then (intact) then I think I need a little something to look forward to.  I'm picturing a cheap little cottage by the sea.  Slow, late mornings, beach walks, knitting, reading, napping, eating, early nights, all night sleeps and wake up and do it all over again the next day.  I'm on to it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl. It's not easy, just make sure you atleast fit in 10 secs a day just to take a deep breath and some adrenal support. I don't want to read your next post saying that the evil glandular fever has flared up. Lots hugs being sent south. Lyds

S said...

She is stunningly beautiful.
Put one foor in front of the other, you will manage on autopilot, it might not be pretty but... roll on November and in the mean time snatch all the little wacky do 24hours that you can. x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful daughter you have. I was surfing the web and came across your blog. After reading a few of your entries, I decided to leave you a link ( hope that is OK). My husband and I watched a movie with Meryl Streep called "first do no harm." I don't know if this information will be of any use to you, but thought I would leave it just in case it could be.
It is a diet that is used to control seizures and originated at Johns Hopkins Hospital here in the USA. The reason I am posting the link in the comment section is because I could not find a place to email you through.
http://www.charliefoundation.org/

Shirl

Melissa Luxmoore said...

Hi Shirl...thanks for the link. I do know the Ketogenic diet. I currently have Ayla on the GAPS intro diet which is very similar to the ketogenic diet but takes it a steps further and works on healing their gut as well. Keto diet is fabulous and really should be used as a first line of treatment rather than the way it is prescribed now...which is a last resort. Thanks for sharing.